Active Applecross Community E-bikes Project
The Applecross Community Company (ACC) have been awarded £16,706 for the purchase of 10 electric bikes, bike accessories and associated maintenance equipment. This funding comes from Cycling Scotland (£2,688) and Energy Saving Trust (£14,018). ACC also Match Funded £3,976 for the project.
The project, "Active Applecross", aims to promote cycling in the community by increasing access to bikes and opportunities to cycle. The project will also include maintenance training and engagement activities to encourage the uptake of cycling. We have purchased the E-bikes from Volt Bikes.
We offer a free 2-week trial for all primary residents in Applecross (16 or older).
· Ideal for commuting to work, physical exercise or leisure
· Try before you invest, or just to see if E-bikes are for you
Please leave your details here to register your interest.
We provide a helmet, light and hi-vis vest for all users. Child trailers and panniers available by request.
If you have any questions, please email Saara at info (at) applecrosscommunitycompany.org
Disclaimer & information for hirer
- I have received the E-bike and equipment detailed on the handover sheet.
- I understand that failing to return the E-bike at the latest on the last day of the hire period results in an extra payment of £5 each day after the last day of the hire period. Please get in touch with ACC (details below) with as much notice as possible if you are not able to return the E-bike on time.
- I will wear the safety equipment and use the light provided when riding the bike.
- I will adhere to the Highway Code and take care when using the E-bike.
- I understand that use of the E-bike is not permitted under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- I will treat the E-bike and equipment with respect and care and store them, with the E-bike locked, in a covered, secure place out of sight when not in use.
- I will store the battery in room temperature when not in use.
- I understand that in the case that I have purposely caused damage to the E-bike or equipment, other than general wear and tear, while they have been in my possession, the ACC may charge an extra payment to compensate for the damage.
- I understand that if I lose one of the keys or key fob, ACC may charge an extra payment to purchase a new one.
- I understand that in the case of an accident or the E-bike or equipment getting damaged, I am required to let ACC know as soon as possible.
- In the case of theft of the E-bike or equipment, I am required to let the police and ACC know as soon as possible.
- I understand that no children under 16 years old are permitted to use the E-bike.
- I understand that the child trailer weight limit is 34kg (child + cargo) and it is for the use of children aged 1-7.